People visit and live on Aotea/Great Barrier Island to connect with and immerse themselves in nature. The natural world is part of everyday life here. Our locals and community groups work hard to conserve our island sanctuary, and we have a beautiful range of locally-produced food, health and beauty products derived from flora on the island.
There are many ways you can get involved in environmental projects on the island, from volunteering with conservation projects to adopting a trap at Glenfern Sanctuary to help manage pest species on the island and protect our taonga (treasures).
Upcoming events you may be interested in:
- July 31 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
- August 21 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- August 28 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- September 4 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- September 19 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm