The Community Art Gallery in Claris represents 100 island artists. With a total population of around 1000 permanent residents, this means that at the very least 10% of the island population has a creative streak! And, it’s not just the community, the island attracts a lot of creative visitors who come to immerse themselves in its inspiring landscape; from astrophotographers and landscape artists to authors, musicians and videographers.
You can follow our local arts and heritage trail to discover local artists, pick up a locally crafted souvenir to remember your stay on the island or gift to share the essence of Aotea with your family and friends. Check out the listings below to discover opening times for each gallery, several of them operate honesty boxes or are open by appointment.
Upcoming events you may be interested in:
- September 13 @ 10:00 am - September 26 @ 4:00 pm
- October 4 @ 10:00 am - October 17 @ 4:00 pm
- October 16 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- October 18 @ 10:00 am - October 31 @ 4:00 pm
- November 1 @ 10:00 am - November 14 @ 4:00 pm