- This event has passed.
Look Up and Get Lost Stargazing Experience with Good Heavens
February 5 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm$65 – $130
Aotea Great Barrier Island is an International Dark Sky Sanctuary
Here, light pollution is minimal, and the night sky is wonderfully dark.
We see ten times as many stars here as in Auckland, for example.
This is why Aotea is such a great place to discover the stars.
And why Good Heavens guides love to take you stargazing here.
Our guides will meet you on top of a sand dune,
with a telescope, binoculars, chairs and blankets
And while you lean back, hearing the waves on the beach below,
Good Heavens guides entertain you with interesting facts and the fascinating stories
Come stargazing with Good Heavens!
If you need to convince someone that Good Heavens is a great option to stargaze in New Zealand:
• This Dark Sky Sanctuary is easily accessible in comparison to other Dark Sky Sanctuaries
• Good Heavens stargaze in pristine locations by the ocean
• The island’s climate is subtropical, warmer than elsewhere in NZ
• Our groups are small and intimate, with a maximum of 12 stargazers and with
• Tours of 1.5 -2 hours, there’s time for questions and some banter
• Our local guides are experienced and welcoming.
• They warmly invite questions and children from 8 years up.
• Tours are suitable for everyone, from first time stargazers to astrophysicists.
• The southern hemisphere sky is magnificent.
• Check out our Tripadvisor reviews if more convincing is required still 😉
In winter, the sky is dark by 730pm. It’s a great time for stargazing with juniors and seniors.
OTHER DATES AVAILABLE. Please check our booking calendar through the below website link.
- Good Heavens
- 09 4290 876
- View Organiser Website