Footsteps from the sand
The Shearers Quarters is located on the North Eastern Coast of Great Barrier Island and sits footsteps away from beautiful Whangapoua Beach. It is very quiet and tranquil for the perfect adventure or relaxing holiday escape!
Comfortable and modern, this open plan beach front bach sleeps 4 indoors and is the refurbished farm Shearers Quarters and ‘smoko’ room. Privately located amongst the pohutukawas and only footsteps from the beach with wrap around decking to enjoy the sun.
For the adventurers, there is thousands of meters of rugged rocky coastline for unlimited fishing, snorkelling, walking and other outdoor experiences. Otherwise, if your idea of relaxation is reading a book, the peace and tranquillity can’t be matched.
The Shearers Quarters are powered by an alternative energy power system. You will have 24hr power, however it is advisable that you bring a torch. Please do not bring any high draining power devices such as hairdryers, coffee machines or bread makers.BOOK NOW
- 4, flexible on tents for kids
- x1 king x 2 single
- generator, inverter, batteries & solar
- Plenty of water, preserve in dry summers
- Full indoor toilet system
- Farm views, sea views.
- Viewing from decks, or 360° night sky views from farm hills
- Claris 30km, Tryphena wharf 45km, Okiwi Airfield 10km, Port Fitzroy 15km, all approx.
- Full kitchen facilities- gas stove, fridge & freezer
- Strictly no dogs, fires, fireworks or parties
- Min 2 nights stay. Children Welcome!!
- Large flat screen TV with 'Sky TV' incl. movies & sports
- Bluetooth & iPod dock stereo
- Large ensuite bathroom
- Outdoors: sun loungers, BBQ & dining furniture
- port-a-cot av. at no cost upon request
- Strictly 'no smoking' indoors
- Limited 021 cell coverage
- Gas heater
- Check-in 2pm Check out 10.30am unless otherwise arranged