Self-contained Glenfern Cottage is positioned overlooking Port Fitzroy, set in a private location among mature gardens and lawns.
- Sleeps six, in three bedrooms.
- Access to walking tracks within Glenfern Sanctuary, an Auckland regional park.
- Private wharf just 50m from the cottage
- Ideal for a family or couples
You have immediate access to the private wharf, down the path in front of the cottage, where kayaks are available for your use. The Port Fitzroy store is a brief 10-minute walk (or kayak) away; and a range of other walks are easily accessed from the property.
An ideal holiday home for those with a boat to explore the harbour and coastline, or head out on foot or by car. The cottage is located within Glenfern Sanctuary; a fenced, pest managed area where you can experience some of New Zealand’s wildlife at its best. Guided or self-guided walks are available including access to a Kauri tree via a swing bridge.
Experience New Zealand’s first Dark Sky Sanctuary, with excellent, easy access viewpoints providing 360° views of the night sky, or simply relax in style and view the stars from the decks and lawns.
Special conditions: No pets allowed as the house is in a pest managed sanctuary. Power is supplied by solar panels and storage-batteries, with a back-up generator. All water is sourced from a spring or stream. All tap water in the house is drinkable. Please boil if you are concerned, and conserve water.
Glenfern Cottage is immediately next to Fitzroy House, the original homestead on the property, which sleeps 10. Rent the cottage and homestead for large family get-togethers, weddings or corporate functions.
NOTE: All income from Fitzroy House and Glenfern Cottage goes towards the management of Glenfern Sanctuary, helping to protect our precious and endangered native species. Glenfern Sanctuary is a registered charitable trust.BOOK NOW
- 3 bedrooms: 1 queen, 1 twin, 1 set of bunks.
- 24 hour solar with generator backup.
- Water: spring or stream. Tap water is drinkable, but boil if concerned. Please conserve water.
- 1 toilet within bathroom
- Sea views of Port Fitzroy
- 360° night sky views
- Claris ¾ hours drive (approx. 30 km).
- Gas hob and oven. Electirc fridge/freezer
- Online payment
- Set within pest managed Sanctuary
- stroll to own wharf, catch a fish or go for a kayak
- BBQ facilities provided
- Easy access to other DOC tracks
- All linen provided
- Kitchen with fridge/freezer