Glenfern Sanctuary Fitzroy House
Built in 1901, Fitzroy House is the original homestead, set within the 240 ha pest fenced Kotuku Peninsula Sanctuary.
This homestead offers spacious open living areas with bay windows opening to a large deck, overlooking Fitzroy Harbour. There is a functional kitchen complete with gas oven and Stanley wood oven. The dining area adjoins the kitchen and has seating for up to 10. A short stroll from the house accesses the water. A mooring may be available on request.
Special conditions: Ideal for two family groups. Pets are not allowed as we are a pest-free Sanctuary. As there is no reticulated electricity on the Island, power is supplied by solar panels and storage-batteries providing 24-hour power.
Two excellent, easily accessible viewpoints providing 360° night sky views are located on Glenfern Sanctuary – Sunset Rock and Cooper’s lookout; or simply relax in style and view the stars from the numerous decks and expansive lawns surrounding the house.
Water is supplied from spring and stream sources piped to storage tanks, then to the houses. All tap water in the house is drinkable, but do boil if you are concerned. Please conserve water.BOOK NOW
- 5 bedrooms: 2 with queen bed, 2 twins, 1 bunkroom
- 24 hour power, solar with generator backup
- Water from spring and stream. All tap water is drinkable, do boil if concerned. Please conserve.
- 1 bathroom with separate toilet, 2 ensuites with toilets
- Across Port Fitzroy front the front deck
- 360° night sky views
- 30 km, 45 min. from Claris airport.
- Gas hob and oven, wood range, electric fridge/freezer.
- Online payment, via bookabach, registered charitable trust
- Set within pest managed Sanctuary
- Stroll to own wharf, for fishing or kayaking
- BBQ facilities provided
- Easy access to DOC tracks
- Bathroom: shower & claw foot bath
- All linen provided
- Woodheater and wood range